Monday, May 31, 2010

Watery Blue Birthday



Going blue for my birthday boy wasn't difficult, since I'm personally a huge fan of the color. What was difficult was when my son first requested a zu zu pet party, but thankfully must have seen my eye twitching and changed his mind.  I always attempt to give my boys an interesting and fun birthday without going over the top.  Being that I'm a planner, that can be hard at times.  I've learned from my oldest, though, that all they really wanna do is run around and have fun with their friends at this age.  A water themed event was the way to go for a hot Sunday afternoon and our sweet 4 year old birthday boy was more interested in playing in the sprinklers, and of course chasing everyone down with the hose was a perk too. 
We filled our yard with water loading docks for the guns, (way easier than having all the kids running inside to fill or attempting to use the hose), a few different sprinklers and of course a Gatorade fill up spot for the kids.
Needless to say I'm not a cake creator but I do my best.  This year the request was for a marble cake since his older brother had enjoyed one the prior month.  It must have been good since there wasn't a single piece left after 30 minutes.
I don't think I could have ordered up more perfect weather and the group of friends to spend the day with.  The night ended with a roaring fire in the firepit, an adult water gun fight and of course a super tired yet happy birthday boy.  Thank you to everyone who came and helped us celebrate! 

Tip: Offer a special area for kids to grab their drinks & treats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment